Friday, December 12, 2008

Self-portraiture

IMGP1073

One thing that fascinates me is the fact that most self-portraiture (especially the really creative and wonderful ones) seem to be created by women. Why is this? Is it because women tend to be more in touch with their emotional selves than men? Or have I got my assumptions wrong and there are actually a lot of great self-portraits taken by guys out there?

One thing that I've also noticed is that for some reason, my friends who like to take pictures are also the ones who seem to not like having their own picture taken. Take me for example, I have lots of pictures of other people, but I don't seem to have that many pictures of myself.

Here are some examples of self-portraits that I like on flickr: here, here, here and here.

There are lots more that I have seen that were really creative and very inspiring. The odd thing is that I have never really been motivated to actually and go and make self-portraits of myself. To be honest, I don't really know why. Maybe I should just go and try to capture a self-portrait of myself. Maybe someday..

No comments: